Have you ever read a book that you just could not finish? Whether it’s because you’re annoyed with the characters, you don’t like the writing style or it was just plain boring? Yeah, this was me a few weeks ago. I was in such a huge reading slump that I was worried I would never read again. (Wow, Jane, dramatic much?)
Anyways, I wrote a few of those books down and thought I’d share them with you all. Let me know what you thought about these books and make sure to tell me some books you never finished as well!
- Love Letters to the Dead, Ava Dellaira. I had bought this book a few years back, but never read it. But when I got around to reading it, I was just disappointed in the main character. I didn’t like or agree with the decisions she made, even though I understand where she was coming from.
- The Maze Runner, James Dashner. Seriously though, I just started reading this book to see what everyone was talking about.
- Joni Underway, Kelly Oram. Which is such a shame since I’m a huge fan of all Kelly Oram’s other books.
- The Girl Who Never Was, Skylar Dorset. This book was just boring to me. I found the synopsis really interesting but didn’t continue reading the actual book past the first few chapters.
- The Hundredth Queen, Emily King. I don’t know why I didn’t finish reading this book, probably just because I didn’t read it in time and had to return it back to the library. *shrugs*
- Jackaby, William Ritter. I actually really like this book, I think I just didn’t finish it becuase I started re-reading the ACOTAR series. Whoops.
- Graceling, Kristin Cashore. I was so looking forward to reading Graceling. But once I started reading, it just didn’t click with me, but maybe one day I’ll give this book another chance.
There you have it, folks! 7 Books I’ve started reading, but never finished. What did you think about these books?